Mississippi State University MBA Program
MBA Program Agreement for GSBLSU Graduates
Graduates of the Graduate School of Banking at LSU (GSBLSU) can now enroll in the Distance MBA program offered by the College of Business at Mississippi State University through the GSBLSU Directed Individual Study (DIS) program coordinated by Dr. Michael J. Highfield, Professor of Finance at Mississippi State University.
The Mississippi State University MBA Program is offered in both a traditional on-campus and distance education format. The 30 hour Distance MBA curriculum consists of a 24 core hours comprised of accounting, economics, finance, information systems, management, marketing, and statistics. GSBLSU students and graduates may complete the remaining six elective hours in finance through the GSBLSU DIS program.
Application Requirements for the Mississippi State University MBA and Distance MBA Program:
All GSBLSU students and graduates are subject to Mississippi State University admission requirements. All of the following must be submitted by the appropriate deadline:
Deadline for Fall Semester: August 1
Deadline for Spring Semester: December 1
Deadline for Summer Semester: May 15
Complete the Graduate School Application for Admission online through http://www.grad.msstate.edu.
- Statement of Purpose
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- $60 Application Fee
- Submit an official GMAT or GRE Score to Mississippi State University.
- A competitive GMAT or GRE administered within the last 5 years is required for admission.
- Request that all transcripts be sent to Mississippi State University.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution is required for admission.
- Students should possess a 3.0 GPA or higher on the last 60 hours of coursework.
- Send transcripts to: Office of the Graduate School, P.O. Box G, Mississippi State, MS 39762.
Requirements for Participation in the GSBLSU DIS Program
Upon acceptance to the MBA Program, GSBLSU students should contact the Director of Distance Learning & Executive Education in Graduate Studies in Business to enroll in the GSBLSU DIS Program.
- Authorize the release of your GSBLSU transcript to Mississippi State for evaluation of coursework.
- Upon completion of GSBLSU, complete six hours in finance graduate credit with MSU by enrolling in FIN 7000: Directed Individual Study: Advanced Banking.
- Students will pay all associated tuition and fees.
For more information:
Michael J. Highfield, Ph.D., CFA
Professor of Finance
Robert W. Warren Chair of Real Estate
Department of Finance and Economics
P.O. Box 9580
Mississippi State, MS 39762-5288